Organic Lawn Care
Reduce your exposure to chemicals for healthy yard.
For a naturally healthy outdoor living space, the DigRightIn Back-to-Nature™ Lawn Care Program is the cutting-edge service for your yard. We understand the science and the techniques of organic lawn care necessary to get beautiful, natural results.
Learn more about organic lawn care
Angie’s List Interview
Angie’s List posted an interview with Jeff Swano about Organic Lawn Care – read the full story.
Organic Lawn Care
DigRightIn Landscaping’s unique organic lawn care methods:
- Organic lawn care consists of soil improvements, smart maintenance, and additional practices to naturally grow a lush lawn and combat weeds, disease and insects.
- DigRightIn produces our 100% organic Earth’s Original™ compost tea at our facility in Westchester using organic compost sourced from the Chicago metropolitan area. In this way, we feed the soil to feed your plants.
Back to Nature™ Care Program
- A soil test analysis determines a customized Back-to-Nature™ Lawn Care plan and recommendations for your yard.
- Smart Mowing DigRightIn Landscaping lawn mower’s cutting height is set to at least 3-inches to maintain a taller grass blade to develop stronger roots and shade out weeds. Clippings are integrated into the lawn to recycle nutrients and add beneficial organic matter.
- Spring Preliminary Treatment One An application of corn gluten-based product prevents weed seeds from germinating and provides an initial boost of nitrogen.
- Seasonal Soil Feeding Three applications of our Earth’s Original™ compost tea tailored to the season’s growing conditions. Also great for shrubs, perennial plants and vegetable gardens.
- Core Aeration This technique “fluffs up” your soil to improve water and air circulation vital for deep root development, drought resistance, weed control and thick grass.