Organic Lawn Care Services
Introducing the Back-to-Nature™ Lawn Care Program - our organic lawn care service.
Angie's List posted an interview with Jeff Swano about Organic Lawn Care: Click here to read the full story.
Organic lawn care and green landscaping is changing Chicago for the better. Rehabilitate your lawn off of its addiction to synthetic chemicals. The Back-to-Nature Lawn™ Care Program by digrightin landscaping nurses your lawn back to its natural state of health using 100% organic lawn care materials and a smart maintenance program.
Earth’s Original Fertilizer™ holistically feeds your soil, developing a strong eco-food web of beneficial microorganisms. This is how grass and plants naturally derive their nutrients to grow strong, fight diseases and insects. By improving the physical condition of your soil and turf grass with an organic lawn care Chicago service, you’ll enjoy a lawn that is thick, lush and more able to compete with weeds.
You are just three steps away from a lush, green organic lawn:
- Soil Test & Lawn Analysis
Determines a customized Back-to-Nature Lawn Care plan and recommendations for your yard.
- Spring Preliminary Treatment
One application of corn gluten-based product to prevent weed seeds from germinating and provide an initial boost of nitrogen.
Three applications throughout the growing season of 100% organic Earth’s Original Fertilizer gets your lawn lush and green while rejuvenating the soil ecology. Also great for shrubs, perennial plants and vegetable gardens.
Additional organic lawn care efforts to turbo boost your lawn:
- Organic Top Dressing — High-quality compost mixed with grass seed improves the physical condition of your soil, increases water retention, adds nutrients and thickens your lawn.
- Core Aeration — “Fluffs up” your soil to improve water and air circulation vital for deep root development and thick grass.
- Complete Lawn Rehabilitation — In extreme cases, a comprehensive treatment program is required to overhaul your lawn to be chemical-free, naturally healthy and 100% organic.
- Smart Mowing — Our mower’s cutting height is set to at least 3-inches to maintain a taller grass blade. This increases food production for stronger roots and helps shade out weeds. Clippings are integrated into the lawn to recycle nutrients and add beneficial organic matter.
- Smart Watering — Organic lawns only need 1-inch of water per week. Updates on the digrightin website inform you of recent rainfall amounts. We’ll show you how to ideally water using your own sprinklers.
- Home Composting — As easy as recycling, learn how to capture lawn, garden and kitchen organic matter with affordable composting systems.
digrightin uses a cutting-edge process to create our exclusive Earth’s Original Fertilizer. Technically known as “aerated compost tea,” we only use ingredients derived from the earth and created by Mother Nature for our organic lawn care in Chicago and suburbs. This “tea” is a cold-brewed, water-extracted compost packed with beneficial soil organisms and fortified with nutrients that help lawns and plants thrive. Each batch is “seasonally adjusted” to contain the correct balance of nutrients for the time of year it is applied. Earth’s Original Fertilizer feeds your soil, which naturally feeds your lawn and plants.
Why green lawns have become not so green.
A lush, tidy lawn is a symbol of personal pride and a space to relax and play. However, we devote an enormous amount of water, petroleum-based synthetic fertilizers, chemical pesticides and gas to maintain our lawns. Our good intentions have led to air, water and noise pollution, soil degradation and the breakdown of the web of life – right in our own backyards. It’s time to make a difference. By greening our lawns naturally, safely and chemical-free with an organic lawn care program. Ready to go chemical-free?
Ask for details, as we are continuously learning and incorporating new techniques as conservation landscaping chicagoans utilize this service.